Enabling vsync when using Bumblebee on Debian wheezy or higher

I ran into the problem that nvidia-settings seems to be unable to display any vsync/sync to vblank settings when using Bumblebee.

I think I’ve fixed it by setting the __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK environment variable before running optirun:

__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 optirun ./RogueLegacy

Of course you replace ./RogueLegacy by the binary you want to run. That appears to improve tearing a lot for me. Works for other OpenGL things as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s